Job Title: Vice President of Sales & Marketing- Connexus Industries
Reports to: Cliff Lane
Connexus Industries is a manufacturing & distribution company of multi level industrial products and services. The Canadian headquarters is located in Langley, BC with a branch location in Quebec City. We have our own representation in Mexico & Chile. Connexus also has USA locations in Wilsonville, Oregon & Acworth Georgia.
Vice President of Connexus Sales & Marketing position summary
Connexus Industries is searching for a dynamic Sales Leader, prepared to hit the ground running and drive profit and growth for our manufacturing and distribution team. Reporting to the General Manager/President of Connexus and a key part of the Connexus management team this highly motivated, results driven professional based in Langley, B.C. will lead our sales department and grow profitable sales for our diverse product lines. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of what motivates our distribution, end user and OEM customers. While leading our sales team and manufacturers reps in Canada, USA, Mexico and Chile extensive coordinated travel with clear objectives will be mandatory.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation, ownership and execution of a fluid Business/Sales Development strategy.
- Accountability, supervision and development of the estimating process and team.
- Monthly generation and analysis of KPIs, including concise and definable recovery plans.
- Have a thorough understanding of our P&L and make positive recommendations to impact the bottom line.
- Performance management and annual performance review with each direct report.
- Active participation in the Department Heads meetings and the monthly Department Heads/Department Leads meeting.
- Implementation and management of customer lifecycle. Proactively finds new ways to build customer business, identify new opportunities, manage and grow accounts. Responds to and follows up sales enquiries using appropriate methods. Maintains and develops existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Participates with production team to address and resolve problems and ensures continuous improvement of processes and methods to improve quality and productivity while reducing costs.
- Manage the Sales team, travel with our reps to key accounts & nurture our current account base.
- Supervise, direct, and advise the estimating and purchasing team as required with regard to proper procedures and backs these functions as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager/President.
Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years experience managing sales with multi branch, cross border locations.
- An understanding and acceptance of cultural differences in the Canadian, American and Latin America markets.
- Excellent communication, negotiating and decision -making skills.
- Assertive yet empathic and respectful management style
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate and invigorate the sales team.
- Able and willing to travel occasionally, holding a valid passport.